Within a business world of rapid development and instability, advisory services are becoming increasingly important to the successful completion and effective implementation of business and corporate strategies. Through a wide range of integrated Advisory Services, we identify our clients’ needs and offer solutions that can be applied immediately and effectively.
Grant Thornton’s objective is not only to apply a business decision or strategy, but to rationalize our clients’ problems, to identify their actual needs and to enhance their performance through the most appropriate programs for modernization and restructure.
Grant Thornton advisory services teams are located in the world’s key financial centres. When undertaking a domestic or cross-border corporate finance transaction, our clients have access to dedicated corporate finance professionals, who train together and work to the same standards around the world.
- construction and real estate
- engineering and components
- financial markets
- food and agriculture
- haulage and logistics
- hospitality and leisure
- natural resources retail
- telecoms and technology.
Business Risk Services
Every company is faced with strategic, financial, operational and technological challenges. Grant
Thornton’s Business Risk Services (BRS) can provide the advice necessary to help you manage risk and improve your business performance. The Business Risk Services team provides advice and solutions in the fields of:
- internal audit
- information technology
- process risk and control
- governance advisory
- revenue assurance and cost verification
- other third party assurance.
We offer the personal touch and global reach, ensuring that you get the attention that you deserve.
Our international team of corporate finance advisors works with entrepreneurial businesses, their owners and management teams in the mid-market at various stages of their lifecycle. Whether buying a business: selling a business; advice on mergers, management buy ins/outs, or raising finance to support your business’ plans: our team will guide you through the process.
We are also fully integrated with our colleagues in our transactions advisory and transactions tax to provide:
- vendor due diligence
- acquisition due diligence
- flotation and reporting accountant work
- operational due diligence
- management assessment.
Within our teams we have specialists across a range of sectors, including: media, food, healthcare, support services, technology, construction, waste, leisure, and financial services. They have developed relationships with key players in the industry and so are well positioned to make introductions and facilitate transactions. Internationally, we have access to over 100 corporate finance specialists ensuring that we can offer you our distinctive, high quality and personalised service wherever you choose to do business.
The Corporate Finance Valuations team has wide experience in valuations of private companies. We use a variety of methodologies and techniques in making a valuation, but we also exploit our experience and apply our judgement to give our clients the quality of valuation advice they demand. We provide advice and solutions in the following areas:
- commercial advice to companies, partnerships and individuals on valuations in the context of acquisitions, disposals, mergers and restructuring proposals across a wide range of industries
- we undertake and review valuations for taxation purposes in intellectual property cases we advise on the valuation of items such as trademarks, brand names, know-how, customer lists, patents and licences
- we offer dispute resolution services and work with forensic investigators, providing valuation advice within the field of dispute resolution, litigation support and expert valuations
- we assist on regulatory and accounting matters, with advice on valuations required by Accounting Standards.
Project finance demands a special approach. That approach needs to be single-minded, hands-on and committed to co-operative working. We have shown our skills in this area, and our project finance teams are recognised as leading players in public/private partnerships. Project finance includes:
- preparation of business cases for infrastructure and feasibility assessment
- procurement strategy advice including tender preparation and market testing
- tender evaluation
- project risk evaluations and options analysis
- support for private sector bidders
- negotiation of terms for project finance
- modelling and model review for large infrastructure projects
- fundraising for projects.
Recovery & reorganisation
R&R supply a range of services to underperforming business and their stakeholders. We focus on identifying and resolving issues affecting profitability, protecting enterprise value and facilitating a full recovery where possible. R&R also offer solutions and advice in the following areas:
- creditor advisory services
- fraud insolvency division
- personal insolvency
- competition services
- corporate simplification group
- recovery tax
- impaired real estate
- leasing and asset finance.
Forensic & investigation services
Disputes are never welcome, but they happen. When they happen, they need to be resolved efficiently. Often complex financial issues lie at the heart of disputes. These could involve shareholder disagreements, contractual breaches, failed acquisitions or suspected fraud. Litigation, asset recovery and insurance claims might be involved. We have the forensic and business knowledge to help navigate through the maze of issues and reach a resolution. The resolution might be brought about by a multi-disciplinary team including accountants, lawyers, IT consultants, insurance experts, valuation specialists and actuaries. Services include:
- anti-money laundering
- asset recovery
- commercial disputes and litigation advisory
- dispute resolution
- expert witness
- fraud and criminal investigations
- forensic technology
- insurance claims
- intellectual property and contract compliance
- international arbitration
- shareholder disputes and valuations.
We recognize the importance of Human Resource for organizations and the approach we use combines the best internationally recognized practice, combined with in-house developed methodologies. We offer trainings, consulting and solutions.
Marketing, PR & Communications
We have put together a team of experienced professionals that can walk you through or develop any marketing campaign. The creative team provides a complete array of Marketing, PR and Communications Services including outsourcing, strategic planning, digital marketing, interactive campaigns, corporate culture, event management, CSR planning, trainings, artwork/design services etc. to a wide variety of industries.